Physis XX - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Diel variation in the biomass of Diadema antillarum predators linked to post urchin larval densities
- The effects of varying algae cover on fish species diversity below the reef crest
- Relationship between planktivore abundance and zooplankton abundance at two different depths in a Caribbean coral reef system
- Queen conch (Lobatus gigas) shells as shelter in reef communities: a comparison of their use in sand flats and the reef slope
- Fish species diversity and interactions at varying classes of Acropora palmata and Acropora cervicornis in Bonaire
- Algal consumption preference between Diadema antillarum and Tripneustes ventricosus
- The effect of colony size on the frequency of intraspecific and interspecific aggressive behaviors in the tropical damselfish Abudefduf saxatilis
- The role of habitat structure and topographic complexity in speices diversity and abundance of fish and invertebrate communities, and how it is affected by algal communities
- Use of fluorescence to determine if the polychaete annelid, Hermodice carunculata, will be affected by future pH levels in the year 2100 as a result of ocean acidification
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.