Physis XVIII - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Inorganic nutrients, photosynthetic pigments, and zooplankton species richness and species diversity in the surrounding waters of urban Kralendijk, Bonaire
- Using relative brain size to better understand trophic interactions and phenotypic plasticity of invasive lionfish (Pterois volitans)
- Species diversity and abundance of Moray Eels (Family: Muraenidae) in Western Bonaire
- The effects of ultraviolet radiation on the covering behavior of the sea urchin Tripneustes ventricosus
- The effect of flash photography on the feeding, reemergence time, and time spent in refuge of Bicolor Damselfish, Stegastes partitus
- Investigating the effects of depth and size on pumping rate and filtering efficiency of the Caribbean reef sponge Aplysina lacunosa
- Coral bleaching frequency and recovery during the 2015 El Nino-Southern Oscillation event in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Fluorescent patterns, size, and abundance of the bearded fireworm Hermodice carunculata in the intertidal zone on Bonaire
- Comparing the diversity, total abundance, and richness of fish species associated with two stony corals: Diploria strigosa and Orbicella annularis
- Brain coral bleaching and disease effects on goby population density dynamics in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.