Physis XV - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Impacts of cleaner shrimp, Ancylomenes pedersoni, density at cleaning stations on cleaner and client behavior
- Species dependent aggression in bicolor damselfish during reproductive and non-reproductive cycles
- A study of succession in algal communities on coral reefs
- Anti-predator responses of herbivorous ocean surgeonfish, Acanthurus bahianus, to invasive lionfish, Pterois volitans
- Effects of elevated CO2 levels on Coryphopterus glaucofraenum response to injured conspecific chemical cues
- Does nutrient pollution affect the prevalence of dark spots disease in corals on Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean?
- Bioaccumulation of run-off pollutants: An evaluation of marine sponges as bioindicators
- Can invasive lionfish, Pterois spp., differentiate color?
- Cascading effects of nutrients on macroalgae and herbivorous fish on coral reefs in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Cultural perceptions of environmental degradation, management, and accountability in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Spatial distribution and severity of dark spots disease in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.