Physis II - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Night ecology and fluorescence of the fireworm, Hermodice carunculata
- The effects of daily spawning patterns on cleaning dynamics of Thalassoma bifasciatum, bluehead wrasse
- Color matching during shadow stalking by the West Atlantic Trumpetfish, Aulostomus maculates
- The relationship between fish diversity and live coral cover and changes in fish diversity over time in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
- The effect of SCUBA divers on the reproductive behavior of Halichoeres bivittatus in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
- Reef fish settlement in coral reef versus mangrove and seagrass habitats in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
- Investigations of an unidentified benthic cyanobacterial species on Bonaire, N.A.
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.