Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire - Progress Report 2008
Our 2008 work plan focused on the following objectives to help us achieve our mission:
- Science - Improved understanding of sea turtle biology through research in order to guide conservation efforts in benefit of these endangered species.
- Conservation - Effective management, conservation and advocacy on behalf of Bonaire’s sea turtles and their habitats, resulting in improvements in environmental policy, law and enforcement that ensure conservation and recovery; clean nesting sites; and abundant, high quality foraging habitats.
- Education and Public Awareness - Increased public awareness of, and concern for, sea turtle conservation, resulting in increased volunteerism and participation in conservation policy, action and advocacy.
- Training and Collaboration - Provision of training and collaboration opportunities for conservation volunteers and workers that results in increased capacity, locally and throughout the region, for sea turtle conservation efforts.
- Fund Development - Ongoing public and private financial investment in support of the protection and recovery of Bonaire’s sea turtle populations.
- Organizational Development - Development, maintenance, and use of systems and resources that facilitate effective operation of the organization.