Physis XVII - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Infection frequency and species identification of the black spot causing parasite found commonly on ocean surgeonfish (Acanthurus tractus)
- Effects of pumping efficiency on the antibacterial properties of sponges (Aplysina archeri) and (Aplysina lacunosa)
- Distribution and abundance of spatial competition between scleractinian corals and sessile aggressive invertebrates on the west coast of Bonaire
- An analysis of abundance, ecology, and life history of the lettuce sea slug Elysia crispata on the island of Bonaire
- The effect of social status and species on habitat preference of grunts, Haemulidae, on the fringing coral reef surrounding Bonaire
- The role of mimicry within congruencies amongst herbivorous and carnivorous fish in Bonaire
- Finding a correlation between zooplankton abundance and the aggregation of Abudefduf saxatilis (sergeant major damselfish)
- Aggressive nest guarding behavior of sergeant major damselfish (Abudefduf saxatilis) in association with guarding male nest size
- Determining how surroundings impact abundance and behavior of the yellow Atlantic trumpetfish (Aulostomus maculatus) phenotype
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.