Physis XIX - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Temporal dynamics of fish assemblage on artificial reefs with varying distances from a coral reef ecosystem
- Effects of sediment grain size on abundance of marine nematodes in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Effect of population density and aggressive behavior of Three Spot Damselfish (Stegastes planifrons) on macroalgae cover and parrotfish grazing activity
- Effects of structural complexity on Caribbean Sharpnose Pufferfish, Canthigaster rostrata (Tetraodontidae), abundance and size in the shallows of Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Pelagic plankton diel vertical movement, diversity, and density in relation to nitrate concentration in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Habitat preferences, behavior, and inter-species associations of the yellowline arrow crab (Stenorhynchus seticornis) in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Interactions among sponges, algae, and coral in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean: an analysis of sponge and algae prevalence in relation to coral abundance and health
- Structure and substratum preference of a schooling fish: observing the habitat use and nutrient input of smallmouth grunts (Haemulon chrysargyreum) in Bonaire
- The impact of competition, predation and disease on florescence patterns of RFP and GFP across the surface of scleractinian corals
- Abundance and diversity of fluorescent anemone species across reef habitats off the coast of Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Cephalopholis cruentata (graysby) behavior and interspecific response to invasive Pterois volitans (lionfish) in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Does an increasing gradient in population create a bottom-up effect on the intertidal community in Kralendijk, Bonaire?
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.