Physis X - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Effects of differences in hole size of artificial reef units on coral reef fish abundance and species richness
- Potential for transmission of yellow band disease between colonies of Montastrea annularis through common research techniques
- Effects of a small harbour on nutrient levels and coral reef health in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Fish density, species richness, and diversity between stands of natural and artificial Acropora cervicornis
- Response of three predatory reef fish species to fishing protection in Bonaire, DC
- Sponge abundance and the prevalence of disease on scleractinian coral in Bonaire, DC
- Assessing the correlation between coral disease prevalence and fish species richness from 2007-2011 in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Use of trophic structure as an indicator of reef fish assemblages in areas open and closed to fishing
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.