Physis VI - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Habitat use, nocturnal behavior, and differences between phases of five common parrotfish species in Bonaire, N.A.
- Habitat choice, size distribution, color variance, and feeding behavior of spotted moray eels, Gymnothorax moringa, in coastal waters of Bonaire, N.A.
- Hawksbill turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata) nests: Possible nutrient sources and drivers of community structure in a tropical marine system
- Traditional datu cactus (Ritterocereus griseus) fences reduce run-off rates and transport of sediment and nutrients on hillsides in Bonaire, N.A.
- The effects of the lunar cycle on plankton density, diversity, and diel migration in the coastal waters of Bonaire, N.A.
- How does water quality correlate with coral disease, bleaching, and macroalgal growth on coastal reefs? A comparative study of various anthropogenic threats on Bonaire, N.A.
- A comparative study of benthic and coral reef fish communities on artificial versus natural reefs of Bonaire, N.A.
- Parrotfish mucus cocoon production at night in Bonaire, N.A.
- Christmas tree worms (Spirobranchus giganteus) and their role as bioindicators of environmental stress on coral reefs of Bonaire, N.A.
- Determining how coral reef habitat structure correlates with fish species richness at six dive sites in Bonaire, N.A.
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.