Physis V - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Competition for space in benthic environments: the allelopathic and overgrowth responses of native sponges and a non-native ascidian on a coral reef in Bonaire, NA
- Are different feeding strategies utilized by the bar jack (Caranx ruber) related to foraging success in coral reef habitats?
- The salinas of Bonaire: How does bird activity impact epi- and infaunal communities?
- Which is more attractive to juvenile fish: availability of food or the complexity of habitat in the mangroves of Bonaire, NA?
- Risky business: ecological trade-offs of subtidal foraging behavior in parrotfish (Scaridae)
- Comparison of epibionts between green (Chelonia mydas) and hawksbill (Eretmochelys imbricata) sea turtles in Bonaire, NA
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.