Physis IX - Journal of marine science
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Effects of nutrient enrichment and water quality on coral disease prevalence in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Nest site selection of sergeant majors (Abudefduf saxatilis): artificial vs. natural reef structures
- Christmas tree worms (Spirobranchus giganteus) as a potential bioindicator species of sedimentation stress in coral reef environments of Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- A comparison of cleaning stations operated by the cleaner shrimp Periclemenes pedersoni on host anemones Condylactis gigantean and Bartholomea annulata
- A comparative study of the feeding ecology of invasive lionfish (Pterois volitans) in the Caribbean
- The sensitivity of the invasive lionfish, Pterois volitans to parasitism in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Are damselfish detrimental to Bonaire’s coral reefs?
- The environmental impact of the reverse osmosis desalination plant on the immediately surrounding water and coral reef ecosystem in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Assessment of the local lionfish (Pterois volitans) densities and management efforts in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
- Is the introduced cup coral Tubastraea coccinea an invasive species in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean?
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.