Physis IV - Journal of marine sciences
As part of CIEE's Bonaire semester programs, each student conducts an independent research project on a topic of their choice. The projects culminate with a public presentation and publication of a research paper in the CIEE journal Physis: Journal of Marine Science.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Can native sessile species resist the settlement of the orange cup coral, Tubastraea coccinea, on hard substrate communities of Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles?
- Gross anatomical findings from the fall 2008 Bonaire moray eel mortalities
- Invading is not always bad: A study of positive interactions between the invasive coral Tubastraea coccinea and native reef species of Bonaire, NA
- Is larval fish diversity connected to ecosystem level diversity. A case study in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles.
- Is #2 the number one problem in Bonaire? An examination of fecal contamination and sedimentation from runoff
- Good fences make good neighbors: Habitat partitioning by spinyhead (Acanthemblemaria spinosa) and secretary (Acanthemblemaria maria) blennies.
- To eat or be eaten: Consumer induced behavior in variegated feather duster worms (Bispira variegata)
- Is it possible to predict which areas of Bonaire are more suseptiable to coral bleaching?
CIEE (Council of International Education and Exchange) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1947 working globally.