Volunteers, researchers and scientists do a lot of field observations. Including these data into a global digital system creates a powerful tool for conservation, research, policy, experience and education. With Observation.org we want to offer a practical and useful, free tool for all field observers around the world to record and share their plant and animal sightings. Observation International focuses specifically on observers who attach importance to registering their observations in a politically independent manner. Observation International is a nonprofit organization without lucrative purpose. The main objective of International Observation is the optimum facilitation of observers in order to make their nature experience even more valuable. As a foundation, Observation International wishes to involve as many local communities as possible in its activities. Doing so, we respect the rights and achievements of these communities, observers and researchers.
Our commitment to you
The Foundation Observation International guarantees its users that the data entrusted to it:
• can be publicly consulted, unless decided otherwise by the observer, and taking into account the interests of biodiversity and nature protection (obscuration of certain data)
• while in legal review are under the ownership of the Foundation, the observer retains control over her or his entrusted observations,
• are available for research, policy and study unless the observer has made a reservation,
• are not interpreted or adapted to serve private or governmental interests,
• can be consulted free of charge.
From us to you
With Observation.org we strive to:
• offer the registration of all species groups,
• have species lists for all regions worldwide,
• manage and guarantee a real-time system,
• implement species names in accordance with international standards,
• cooperate with local communities as much as possible, working in accordance with their wishes in regional pages,
• make available tools to add evidence, such as photos, movies, sounds, or descriptions,
• generate data of the highest possible quality, using automated and / or manual validation.