Monitoring program for waterbirds inhabiting the saliñas located on the northwest of Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles. Year report 2009
- Include all the area of Salina Goto and salina Frans inside the borders of WSNP. This expansion will not only benefit the waterbirds but every other native species of flora and fauna as well.
- Pursue the designation of Salina Frans as a Ramsar site for Bonaire.
- Keep collecting data for the long term monitoring programs. It is fundamental for the proper management of our natural resources.
- Provide more training for the staff and volunteers involved in the counts.
- Install permanent depth gauges in all the salinas being monitored.
- Conduct more scientific research for a better understanding of the ecological functions of the salinas as a habitat for water birds
- As resources or time become available, start a monitoring program for the nesting seasons of our resident waterbirds.
- Spread out monitoring areas to include the Salinas in Central and South of Bonaire.