Nutrient monitoring data on Bonaire and Curacao, 2007Submitted by Peter Verweij on Wed, 02/28/2018 - 10:25
Raw data of a comparative nutrient monitoring program that included seasonal sampling for nutrients (ammonium, nitrate, DIN, SRP, TDN, TDP), phytoplankton biomass (Chl a), stable nitrogen isotopes (!15N) in reef macroalgae, and biotic cover (point count analysis of video transect data) of shallow and deep reef sites between March 2006 and June 2008.
This data resulted in:
- a report: Lapointe and Mallin, 2011, Nutrient Enrichment and Eutrophication on Fringing Coral Reefs of Bonaire and Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
- a student report: Wieggers, M., 2007, Impact of Increased Nutrient Input on Coral Reefs on Bonaire and Curacao
Please contact the DCBD administrator for access to the data.
A follow-up of this study took place on Bonaire between 2011 and 2013:
- Slijkerman et al., 2013, Water quality of the coastal zone of Bonaire Results field monitoring 2011-2013
- Slijkerman et al., 2012, Water quality monitoring Bonaire. Identification of indicators, methods and locations
- Slijkerman et al., 2012, Water quality monitoring Bonaire. Results monitoring November 2011 and recommendations for future research