BioNews 15 - April 2014
This month’s issue is all about migration. An exciting discovery in Venezuela of bats originally tagged on Aruba and Bonaire, confirms their long distance travel between our islands and the South American continent. In St. Maarten waters, Humpback Whales were tagged to gain insight in their migratory routes as a way to improve conservation strategies for these majestic marine mammals. Several Humpback Whales were fitted with satellite transmitters that provide a ‘live feed’ of the animal’s location. On St. Eustatius research efforts are beginning to shed more light on a very elusive bird species: The Bridled Quail-dove.
- Bats Recaptured in Venezuela
- Whale Tracking on St. Maarten
- Bridled Quail-dove Research on St. Eustatius
- Overview of Research and Monitoring Efforts
- Calendar of Upcoming Events, Meetings and Workshops